i'm trying to be positive....
some things i took comfort in from last night's election results.
1. no conservatives were elected in newfoundland and labrador. i did so love danny williams' abc (anything but conservative) campaign. the way things are going, i may have to move there.
2. the fact that cabinet member/ex- senator michael fortier was soundly defeated in his first election. perhaps steve will make him a senator again? because obviously the people are wrong. steve knows best.
3. justin trudeau winning. being a westerner, i am not overly fond of his father. but him, i like.
4. the fact that the conservatives did not win all of alberta's seats. yay edmonton-strathcona! whoo hoo!
5. the fact that the conservatives finished third in vancouver - kingsway. take that david emerson!
6. that my riding stayed ndp.
7. the conservatives did not get a majority.
however, mainly i am disappointed. and who is not voting? i don't understand. i would say that 90% of the people i know vote ( and i'm lowballing this). in fact i only know of one person that doesn't vote and i have trouble dealing with it. especially since it's a riding of one of top five canadian politicians i hate. yes, i do have a top five but that's another post.
new nook - There has been a great deal of hiatusing going on around these parts lately. The new hammock is an especially delicious place to read away those hot summe...
2 months ago