Friday, March 21, 2008

put me on the slug line...

man, i have been so unmotivated lately. i'm not working currently and i feel like a bad cliche of an unemployed person. lounging around in my pj's until 4 in the afternoon. and i'm not even sure what i'm doing to fill my day. it's not like i'm sleeping until 4, i'm usually out of bed by 8 am at the latest. at least i'm not lying on the couch, watching tv. but i am starting to feel a bit more motivated. i actually made it out to dinner with friends last night and i spent today exploring today. i will post some pics later this weekend. i'm pooped and i think we are going to the movies tonight so i will have to make this one short.

1. everyday i love you less and less- kaiser chiefs
2. edge of seventeen - stevie nicks
3. breed (working mix) - nirvana
4. big pants dance - lee press-on and the nails (this song makes me laugh so much)
5. poison arrow - abc
6. in the colors - ben harper & the innocent criminals
7. lyla - oasis
8. tower of song - martha wainwright
9. welcome to the black parade - my chemical romance (ok, the reason i have this song is because it gets stuck in my brain and the only way to get it out is to play it.)
10. memphis tennessee - the animals

remember, according to christian tv, today is the day we celebrate the death of jesus.

have a good long weekend my canadian buddies and for my american ones, i can't believe it's not a holiday for you! i learned that fact the hard way by getting a parking ticket a few years back. i didn't put any money in the meter because i assumed good friday was a stat. i would have fought it, but it was only $3.50 so i was ok with paying it.

8 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Americans don't get Zombie Jesus Friday off? I never knew this. Have a great one!

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

i couldn't believe it when i found out!

or at least, they don't get it off in washington state.

mellowlee said...

Happy Easter! How did your Jello Eggs turn out? I'm just getting ready to get pick up Devon (three busses to the airport weeeeeee) but I'm pretty excited. I hope you get some work soon, but enjoy some r&r while you can ok XO

Allison said...

Really? They don't get a holiday on Friday, interesting. They do get mail on Saturdays, which I love.

Here everything is shut, not surprising. Hope you are having a good weekend!

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

mellow- my jello eggs so did not turn out. but they were still yummy!

i hope so too!

allison - weird huh?

i miss mail on saturday.

Dale said...

I heard too that the 'mericans don't get Good Friday, sad huh?

Have a nice Easter you unemployed lazy bum. :-)

Steph A. said...

I've always thought that Welcome to the Black Parade would be a great piece of music if they were to simply remove the lyrics...sorry Mr. Songwriter...but it's true.

And 668...jello eggs NEVER turn out. EVER!

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

dale - yep, lazy me. and i did have a good easter!

steph - as a kid, i never remember a jello mold ever turning out. of course, we are not known for our kitchen skills in my family.