Sunday, September 14, 2008

the things we did last summer...

i took the summer off. i didn't mean to, but it just happened.

so, in spirit of back to school, here is what i did on my summer vacation. at least what i can remember right now.

1. drove to fernie and back. ate the best sausage rolls i ever had in my life. played with dogs. went to a cool bar called a bar named sue. saw a baby moose.
2. went to calgary for the tattoo festival. watched the hells angels duke it out in a killer game of dodgeball. trekked out to torrington to see the gopher hole museum. got snowed on in the rockies.
3. in one week, my camera, cell phone and computer monitor died.
4. saw my first show at deer lake. it confirmed to me how much i dislike rosie o'donnell.
5. went to the pne. the crazy food this year was deep fried oreos.

i also decided to add two more shows into my tv viewing habits. durham county and the riches.

last night, i saw spiritualized at the commodore. instead of facing out into the audience, they acutally faced each other. which made it great for me because we were on the side that jason pierce faced. not a word was spoken. normally this would have annoyed me, but it just seemed right last night. and at the end, he clapped for us. i love that.

i lack words these days but hopefully this will change.

6 comments:

Toccata said...

It must be something in the air that we're back on the same day. I now remember why I like this blogging stuff so much. Without blogging how would I ever find out about deep fried oreo cookies and gopher hole museums!

By the way, deep fried oreo cookies are just wrong. Did you try them?

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

i wanted to buy them for my brother and then i could have sneaked a little taste. but i didn't think they would travel well.

i did at least see what they looked like.

i added a link for the recipe tho.

Toccata said...

Oh my God I just checked out that link. I cannot stop laughing. I can't believe they even have step-by-step pictures! That's outrageous. I think I'm going to have to send out this recipe in my Christmas cards.

Allison said...

I should put my resume in at the gopher hole museum. :)

Sounds like you had a great summer, good to see you're back. I know what you mean about lacking words, I think after writing my dissertation I used them all up.

I'm onto pictures now.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

It sounds like summer was rather a blast! Except for the electronics dying simultaneously part.

Is it wrong that I have a hankering to try deep fried oreos now?

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

toccata - i love the pictures tooo.

allison - i would come and visit you all the time.

barbara - not at all. :)