Tuesday, August 21, 2007

she's not a beauty and she don't wear fine clothes...

i am totally obsessed with this song. have been since i was a little kid.

it's from an episode of the partridge family that just kills me. it's called 'soul club'. the partridge family visit the ghetto. guest starring lou gosset jr and richard pryor. plus boomer from battlestar galatica plays the leader of a black panther type organization. keith and richard pryor co-write a song ("kind of an afro thing").

here's the visual.



and here's your new music tuesday track

partridge family - bandala

4 comments:

Steph A. said...

My, what a trip down memory lane...I semi-remember that episode. I was more of a "Brady Bunch" kind of gal...I always found the Partridge family's matching costumes somewhat disturbing. Plus, I don't remember, did they have a dog??? The Brady family had Tiger. :-)

Dale said...

I'd heard there was violins in the ghetto but everyone looks peace lovin'!

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

steph - they did indeed. simone got bombed by a skunk in one memorable episode.

dale- the violins could be my favourite part. :)

Chris said...

And here I thought I'd seen every episode. I must catch that one!

Now I have that song stuck in my head...