****updated - for some reason i forgot to title this post.. corrected!****
first off, before i forget, here is possibly my favourite ever web search referral to my blog.
"how do you get a chicken out of a bottle without breaking the bottle or killing the chicken"
i've had a bunch of bizarre celebrity encounters recently. here are some of the highlights.
1. a band member from a certain band that i have made no attempt at hiding my hatred for. now, granted, i do know this person, but i haven't talked to them for years.
2. a singer whose cd i mentioned in my blog.
3. an artist whose work i love.
i mention this not to brag, but just to try and explain how weird my headspace is these days. nothing is surprising me anymore.
i am so happy to have my car back and running, i wanted to hug it this morning. is that wrong? now i just have to figure out where i put the thingy for my tape deck so that i can run my mp3 player thru it.
our favourite bad tempered zombie listed a few of xmas traditions that her family partakes in. as always, i am stealing her idea and posted a few of my own.
1. the traditional xmas music gift. formerly a cassette, and now a cd. the making of which is best accompanied by shortbread, chocolate, eggnog, and baileys
2. christmas eve must be spent at the railway club. and without planning, i must see my christmas friends there. it's weird if i don't, and it's even weirder when i see them in summertime. we all get very confused.
3. now, some of you may know i collect christmas music, but when it comes to decorating the tree, i prefer to do that to the sex pistols and sometimes smokey robinson. this comes because as a teenager, i bought both these albums and played them for the first time while decorating the tree by myself.
4. these decorations are among the first to go up on my tree. jack and zero go up near the top of the tree. usually near marilyn. lock, shock and barrel must always be separated. they get up to no good if they aren't. ernie and bert however must be very close to each other. and usually near the back for privacy.
5. we always have lemon meringue pie for dessert.
hope everyone is having a great weekend. i know i am!
new nook - There has been a great deal of hiatusing going on around these parts lately. The new hammock is an especially delicious place to read away those hot summe...
11 months ago