ok, confession time. i stopped watching 'the hour' two months ago. i always wondering what would make me stop watching it. i mean if brooke hogan didn't, what would? apparently the answer is three roman polanski jokes. i wasn't even sure i wanted to go to a taping. so how do i feel now? stay tuned.
randomness from two days of attending 'the hour' in vancouver.
1. yes, i went to the hour with mel. i don't know how this is possible but she is even nicer in person than online. sadly, i could not wear fancy boots. so i wore red and black starred creepers instead. also, when meeting someone for the first time, bring gifts. mel and i exchanged xmas cds. she also brought chocolate. there was no way i was not going to like her after that. (ps.. get a passport lady!)
2. i need to buy a clown mask. of course, it will have to live in the farthest corner of my basement.
3. the tim hortons on dunsmuir, near the railway club serves the coldest ice caps i have ever had. i felt like my whole esophagus was frozen. (i can not believe i spelled that right on the first try). oh, and cream cheese and ice caps are not a good taste sensation.
4. just when i think it is not possible to love rick mercer anymore, i learn something new and even better about him. and my heart grows like the grinch with more love for him.
5. i am a bigger techie geek than i thought i was. i spent most of the taping watching and listening to the production crew. on an additional note, i really miss using my slr. i feel like i've been cheating on it with my digital.
6. certain bc "stars" are even bigger assholes than i thought.
7. brett butt is really really funny.
8. i am obsessed with taking photos of pancakes.
9. certain people are freakishly smart. so much so i may have to change my blogger id. i am thinking of perhaps "pancakes".
10. do not listen to south park songs when listening to your ipod alone in crowded streets. because you will laugh out loud and everyone will know you are a freak
11. overheard in the lineup. "are you checking your coat?" "no, i have low blood sugar". what does this mean?
12. sweltering tv studio + downpouring rain + no umbrella + no hoodie = one potentially sick clown.
and now the answer... seeing the show live, especially on tuesday made me think i might just give it another shot and catch up on a few episodes that are on my pvr. especially because i think there's a steve earle interview in there somewhere.
happy hump day everyone!
new nook - There has been a great deal of hiatusing going on around these parts lately. The new hammock is an especially delicious place to read away those hot summe...
9 months ago