Thursday, October 05, 2006

if i knew you were coming i'd have baked a cake...


ok, i am no martha stewart. my friends joke that i don't even know where my oven is. however, in the past two days i have made yummy honey bran muffins (with my secret ingredient.. cinnamon) and today i made a lemon cake. i am most excited because i manged to flip the cake out of the pan without destroying it. this is a minor miracle for me.

the above, of course, is not my cake. but a rather delicious cake from earlier this year.

4 comments:

Allison said...

its always really exciting when you can flip out a cake without destroying it. i'm attempting some pies this weekend, i hope they turn out as nice as the picture of that cake!

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

mmmmmm....pie. i've been craving pumpkin pie for a couple of weeks now. crossing my fingers that
a. your pies turn out yummy
b. my aunt has some for lunch on monday. :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Mmmmm!

I'm going to bake some rhubarb pie for Thanskgiving, as none of us are that crazy about pumpkin. For someone who hardly ever bakes, for some reason I make pretty damned good pie dough.

668 aka neighbour of the beast said...

when i was a kid, i loved rhubarb. we used to grow it in our backyard. but for the life of me, i can not remember what it tastes like.